DeKalb County has announced a program for DeKalb County Residents that will provide emergency assistance during COVID.
Below is the information about the Dekalb County DFCS General Assistance Program and attached is the application:
There are several ways to get the application completed and turned in to DFCS.
- A family can pick up an application at The Dekalb Access and Resource Center (ARC) Monday-Friday 10-5 pm. The lobby is closed, but someone is here, just knock on the door and will provide services curbside. Address: 949 North Hairston Road, Stone Mountain, GA 30083. Once the application is complete, the family can bring back with the documents and we will scan over and send to the main office. DFCS staff will contact the family If they are approved.
- Please fill in the attached application out completely. Incomplete applications will delay processing. You may return your application via email to LaTrice.Williams@dhs.ga.gov.
- Clients are also able to drop the application off in the drop box and the mailroom staff scans them to staff at the main DFCS office located at 2300 Parklake Drive, Atlanta, GA, 30345.
DIRECTIONS–2300 Parklake Drive, Atlanta, GA, 30345.
Clients may apply for rental/mortgage assistance and 1 utility if needed at the same time.
In addition to the completed application, you must provide:
- Clear photo Id – must be state issued and current
- Proof of all household income – Wages (last two months), Child Support (actual payment ledgers), SSI Awards, Disability, Retirement or Pension, Unemployment Payments, VA Benefits
- For Rental/Mortgage Assistance – Late Notice or Dispossessory Warrant with contact information for leasing office or mortgage lender.
- For Utility Assistance – Bill with Past Due Balance OR Disconnection Notice from service provider. We do NOT pay deposits for Utilities. We do NOT pay for services that are already disconnected.
Clients are eligible apply for Rental/Mortgage Assistance every 6 months.
Clients are eligible to apply for Utility assistance every 4 months. Please note that utility service must be ACTIVE for us to assist.
Please note – Rental/Mortgage assistance pays up to $1200. Utility assistance pays up to $350.00. Depending on the total amount owed, the client may have a portion to pay before we release our pledge amount if approved.
Once the application is received, it will be screened and assigned to a caseworker and they will contact the client.