“. . . I recall so vividly the threats on my life and my family for the work that was being done…” – by Ms. Rosetta Williams
The vision of NAACP DeKalb is to develop RELEVANT ENGAGEMENT with the community to move from SPECTATOR to PARTICIPANT for the well-being of DeKalb County.
The vision of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is to ensure a society in which all individuals have equal rights and there is no racial hatred or racial discrimination.
Our Mission & OBJECTIVES
The mission of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is to ensure the political, educational, social and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate racial hatred and racial discrimination.
- To ensure the political, educational, social and economic equality of all citizens
- To eliminate race prejudice among the citizens of the United States
- To remove all barriers of racial discrimination through democratic processes
- To seek enactment and enforcement of federal, state and local laws securing civil rights
- To inform the public of the adverse effects of racial discrimination and to seek its elimination
- To educate persons as to their constitutional rights and to take all lawful action to secure them.
Meet The Officers
1st Vice President