Link to participate in the parade – The NAACP DeKalb County Branch cordially invites you to participate in the 2020 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Parade, Monday, January 20, 2020. The parade will begin at 12:00 noon; lineup at 10:00 a.m. at Green Pastures Christian Church 5455 Flat Shoals Pkwy, Decatur, GA 30034 and end at Martin Luther King, Jr. High School, 3991 Snapfinger Rd., Lithonia.
Here is more information about the 18th Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. parade in Dekalb county.
All persons participating in the parade are asked to have visible signs honoring Dr. King. The sign(s) should say phrases honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., such as “Happy Birthday, Dr. King,” “MLK Jr. Honoring his legacy and dream,” or “Dr. King, your dream lives on in all of us,” etc. The signs can be made on a standard poster board that is 22 inches high, 28 inches wide.
Please consider using Best Print & Design, 4287-B Snapfinger Woods Dr., Decatur, phone 404-288-5595 for sign printing at a reasonable price.
No objects shall be thrown from any vehicle or trailer during the parade. Participants who wish to provide giveaways shall have walkers along the edge of the sidewalk to hand out the giveaways. Giveaways shall be handed to individual spectators by the walkers and shall not be thrown into any spectator areas.
Participants are jointly and exclusively responsible for the safety and compliance of every vehicle and trailer driven, used and/or included in the parade and must perform safety checks of such vehicles and trailers prior to and throughout the parade.
The DeKalb NAACP appreciates your cooperation as you work with us to make the 2020 DeKalb County Parade a safe and notable tribute to Dr. King
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. One member of each parade entry must become a member of NAACP DeKalb County Branch no later than parade registration deadline.
2. Every entry must have a sign showing the individual, group, or organization being represented.
3. No consumption of alcoholic beverages in the lineup or during the parade is permitted.
4. Participants will not be allowed to throw items from vehicles and floats.
5. If you wish to give candy or other souvenir items, please hand it to the children rather than throwing it.
6. No inappropriate behavior, comments or attires permitted.
Any violation of these rules or violation of the law will result in disqualification and/or removal from parade lineup.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office at
(404) 241-8006, or email@example.com